Thank you for selecting Belly Rubs for your dog’s grooming needs. Your pet is very important to us and we ask that you take a moment to read through the below policies. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to a member of our team for further explanation. We reserve the right to update our policies at any time. You may find the most updated copy of this form on our website under the Services Tab.
A credit card is required to hold all grooming appointments. This card is stored on a secure server by our merchant services provider.
If a client requests a quote of the expected fee, we will do our best to give you an accurate estimate. However, quoting a price of a groom can be very hard since there are many different factors that go into this process. Once our groomer starts working with your dog we might discover things we were not aware of and there could be an extra charge. The most common reasons for a price to go up are due to undiscovered matting or unknown behavioral concerns, both of which will require more time to safely groom your pet. Our special handling fee is calculated based on the amount of extra time required to safely groom your pet.
Your scheduled appointment time is dedicated exclusively to you and your pet(s); we do not overbook appointment times. We believe that we can offer our very best grooming services when we have enough time reserved to provide both high quality products and services. We make every effort to accommodate your scheduling needs and remind you of your scheduled appointment via text, email and phone call 48-hours in advanced of the reserved time. In return, we respectfully ask that you help us by keeping your scheduled appointments, arriving on time and notifying us by 12pm the day prior to your reserved appointment if you are unable to do so. When given advance notices of cancellations, we are able to accommodate clients on our waiting list needing our services. When we do not receive adequate notice, we will enact the following:
- For the first missed/late cancelled appointment, we will offer to reschedule your appointment and provide a courtesy reminder of our cancellation policy. If we do not already have a credit card on file to guarantee your reserved appointments, one will be required to reserve any future appointments.
- For the second missed appointment, we will call you to inform you that this is your second missed appointment and we will charge a late cancellation fee of $35 to the credit card used to guarantee your pet’s appointment. After the second missed appointment, the cancellation fee will be equal to the amount of the appointment scheduled.
Occasionally grooming can expose hidden medical issues. Most common issues will become more apparent throughout the course of the grooming process. If an unknown issue is discovered during the course of grooming, the staff will call the owner immediately to discuss the concern if it affects the dog’s health/safety or outcome of the grooming service. If the discovery is not of immediate concern the staff will discuss with the owner upon pick-up.
Pets are required to be up to date on their rabies vaccination in order to be groomed. Please bring a copy of your pet’s vaccination record to your first appointment or have your vet email us a copy. If you forget to bring a copy, we will attempt to call your vet and verify your pet is up to date over the phone. We do accept a titer test and a vet’s notice of exemption as proof of rabies.
Matted Coat Release
Dogs with matted coats require extra attention. Mats in a dog’s coat are tight and can damage or tear the pet’s skin. Belly Rubs will not cause any unnecessary stress to your pet by dematting a pet, rather we will carefully shave the matting from your pet. Removal of excessive or very tight matting often reveals hotspots or other skin conditions that are hidden under the mats that, if found, will be discussed with you upon pick-up. Removing a heavily matted coat can cause nicks, cuts or abrasions due to skin growths trapped in the mats. Hematomas are often an after effect of a heavily matted coat and most often occur on ears, but are possible on any area of the body. A hematoma occurs when a blood vessel bursts as a result of pressure/trauma to the area and causes a pooling of blood under the skin. A hematoma on an ear can rupture due to the pet shaking the head from side to side. If a dog is determined to have matting, the staff at Belly Rubs will do what is necessary to make the dog comfortable and shave him/her as needed to remove the matting. There will be additional fees incurred due to the extra care and handling required to safely remove matted coat. The matting fee ranges from $10 - $75 based on the severity of the matting.
Low Stress Grooming
We work hard to provide a low stress setting for all of our clients. For the safety of your pet and our team members, if your dog becomes aggressive or stressed during the grooming process we reserve the right to stop the grooming. You will only be charged for the grooming that has been done up to that point.
Late Arrival Policy
We understand that life is full of unexpected occurrences; however, if you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, we may need to reschedule. Please call us to determine if we will be able to accommodate your late arrival or if your appointment needs to be rescheduled.
Because of limited space, unless pre-arranged, we ask that all dogs be picked up within 30 minutes of us informing you that your dog is ready to go home. Any dog not picked up within 15 minutes of our business closing will be charged an after-hours day care fee of $25 per hour. This fee is to compensate for adequate care for your pet(s) as we have your pet’s best interest in mind and hold a high standard of pets in our care.
Skunked Dog & Fleas
Due to the extra time and supplies required to groom a dog that has been determined to have been skunked or has fleas, there is an additional fee of $25.
We like to show off how cute our client’s pets are to the world and will share photos we take throughout the day on our website and social media platforms. If you prefer that we do not share photos of your pet, please just let us know and we will respect your wishes.
Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you are unhappy for any reason with your groom, just contact us within 72-hours of the initial appointment and we will schedule a time for you to come back for a touch-up at no additional fee.
Self-Serve Dog Wash House Rules
- All dogs entering Belly Rubs must be up to date on their rabies vaccination.
- Dogs suffering from a flea-infestation must be treated prior to entering Belly Rubs.
- Dogs must never be left unattended while in our facility.
- All dogs must be on a 6-foot or shorter leash or in a carrier at all time. Retractable leashes must be locked at a length of no longer than 6 feet.
- While using the self-serve dog wash, all dogs must be safely secured to the tubs with the safety loops provided.
- We kindly ask that you limit your activities to bathing. No nail trimming or trimming of hair is allowed in the self-serve dog wash area.
- Children under the age of 16 years must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Only pets are allowed inside the tubs.
- Last wash and all other walk-in services must begin 60-minutes prior to closing.
- If other clients are waiting to use the self-serve wash, we kindly ask that you limit your time to 30-minutes so we may accommodate all of our clients’ needs.