Belly Rubs Pet Care is always interviewing individuals who are interested in a career in the ever growing pet care industry. You must be a true animal lover interested in a rewarding part-time or full-time position with a well-respected company.
- Opportunity to be a part of a fast growing company
- Training to allow you to advance your career
- Benefits like paid time off and medical reimbursement plans for full-time team
- Generous employee discounts
- For our groomers, we pay for sharpening and new blades
- Passionate about providing top notch care for our furry clients
- Can multitask with little direction once shown how things are done
- Seeks to offer positive solutions when presented with a challenge
- Finds teamwork to be the answer for a job well-done
- Well organized and enthusiastic about cleanliness
- Enjoys carrying on a conversation with other pet lovers
Please read the job descriptions below and complete the online application at the bottom of this page to be considered for employment.
Assistant Manager (full-time/part-time):
Want to be a part of a fun team that makes Northern Virginia's Dogs look their best? We are looking for reliable, enthusiastic people to join our team who are passionate about providing the best customer experience possible. Assistant Managers will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepare salon for opening in the morning
- Greet clients and visitors as they arrive to the salon
- Receive incoming calls to schedule appointments & requesting information
- Make outbound reminder phone calls, follow-up calls and pickup calls
- Check clients in & out for appointments, taking payment as they leave
- Assist self-wash clients and prepare tubs for next client Maintain the cleanliness of the salon
- Provide nail trims (we will train you, but you must be confident in working with the pets)
- Bathe dogs and perform deshedding treatments (again, we will train you)
- Provide 5 STAR SERVICE to each and every client!!
- Close out salon/cash drawer at end of day
We are open daily 7:45am to 5:00pm. Candidates must be willing to work at least four 6- to 8-hour weekend shifts a month.
We are looking for individuals who have some experience working with dogs. Dog walkers/pet sitters, dog daycare, vet assistant or kennel experience is a plus.
Groomer’s Assistant/Apprenticeship Program (full-time/part-time):
Are you looking for away to get your foot in the door towards a career as a professional groomer without paying thousands of dollars for a certificate program/school? Our groomer’s assistant position is the first step in our well thought out apprenticeship program. The goal of the apprenticeship program is to be highly specialized in all roles starting off as a bather and ultimately moving up to the role of the groomer. Belly Rubs invests resources in the team members that are in the apprenticeship program and develops them to execute the highest level of excellence in the grooming services offered.
This is a hands-on education and training program, and you actually get paid while doing it! During Stage 1 of the Apprenticeship Program, you are paid $10.50/hour, and that pay moves up (with tips included as well), as you move up through each stage of the program.
The role of the groomer’s assistant (with the goal of becoming a groomer) is highly specialized and it takes a special individual to be a part of the Belly Rubs apprenticeship program. Prior experience is not required but you must have tons of passion and dedication to learning a craft!
We are looking for reliable people to join our team who will be responsible for the following duties during Stage 1 of the apprenticeship program:
- Brush and blowout dogs to remove tangles and knots as well as excessive coat
- Trim and file dogs nails
- Trim fur on dogs pads and light feet tidy work
- Clean dogs ears
- Bathe dogs
- Remove minimal matting in dogs coats
- Inspect dogs for skin conditions or health concerns, reporting to manager/instructor
- Hand-fluff dry and prep dogs for haircuts
- Cleaning duties as assigned by manager/instructor
Candidates can expect to remain in Stage 1 for a minimum of four months before moving on to Stage 2 and must pass a written and practical exam to move up in the program. Again, we are training professional pet stylist and this takes time to become skilled in each phase of the grooming process.
Pet Stylist (full-time/part-time):
Positions available in both our Ashburn, VA Salon and on our mobile grooming team.
This is a great position for someone looking for a rewarding career as a professional pet stylist!!
You will be an employee of the company (not an independent contractor) and unlike many grooming salons, at Belly Rubs we don't pay commissions based on how many dogs you can get through in a day. Instead we focus on paying a competitive wage and allowing time for the detail and care to be given to each groom. Quality over Quantity is our focus. We have very competitive pay rates, and they would depend on which grooming level you test into during your skills test evaluation.
We are looking for reliable people to join our team as groomers who will be responsible for the following duties:
- Exhibit knowledge and ability to groom all breeds to standard with safety and efficiency
- Groom dogs from start to finish and to client expectations
- Offer solutions to our customers when they present you with problems
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Know and adhere to safety guidelines
- Maintain work environment and equipment
- Attend team meetings and training sessions
- Represent professional demeanor at all times
- Turn in client notes at end of shift for entry by our Client Experience Team into the database
- Accurately communicate service pricing to customers and supporting team members
- Self-educate on current industry trends and work standards
- Be able to lift 50lbs safely